Thursday, December 30, 2010

Keep that Chill Out!!

I wasn't expecting to be so cold this winter and I don't think the houses in Vancouver are built for it so I came up with a very quick and easy door draft pillow.

I took a old pair of mens jeans (my hubby's actually) I think with the door sizes the bigger the better.

I literally just cut the leg off as high up as I could and then turned it inside out.



 Then I sewed the top and bottom of the leg but left a little hole one end to bag out the pillow.




Once the right way and I stuffed it with fabric scraps. I find this works the best as a fill as the pillow becomes really firm and traps the cold air trying to come in. The pillow should be pretty sturdy and stuffed full. I then hand stitched the opening and added a little handmade label.




It works pretty well but our door is wide so I'm making another as this one falls a little short.

No comments:

Post a Comment