Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Pine Cones

I am posting this idea a little late considering Christmas has passed but as it took us a year to make them I thought I would share when I had the chance.

Last winter we took a trip up to Mount Seymour and right next to our car was a huge pile of large pine cones.They were lovely and although I wasn't sure what I would do with them we filled our trunk anyway and then stored them at home until this December.

I wanted to do something Christmassy with them and include my two kiddies.We painted the cones with silver acrylic paint and on a few that we made for gifts we added a silver pipe cleaners too and the rest we displayed in a big bowl by the fireplace.






The ones we had left over we sent to Ezra's after school club so the kids could have fun with them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment