Saturday, April 14, 2012

Reuse Reuse Reuse

So I still have lots more of my old cherished clothes to turn into my daughters new summer wardrobe.

Today I managed to turn a thai dress into a dress for her. I cut off the top part of the dress and added black bias binding to the armhole, top and for the straps.

Here is the dress before :
 Here is the 'after'...Evie has her scarey face on ;)




The skirt matches the brown top I worked on in a previous post. I had worn it in the past to a couple of weddings. I wanted to keep all the beautiful applique on it so I cut the length to size but left the width and then elasticated the top. It made a very twirly skirt which Evie and her dancing feet loved !!



Finally we did a kid and mum project. Last summer the kids grew a lavender plant each. We have been working on the garden and so I got the kids to pick off the dried leaves and today we made lavender eye pillows. They all have removable covers. I did the sewing and the kids did the filling and we added rice to the lavender mix to weight the bags.



Quite a productive day in all. Lots of sewing as well as potting our whole deck garden with over 18 different types of seeds and plants and making 25 chocolate beer waffles with cashew cream and chocolate drizzle. I put the extras in the freezer for a yummy breakfast another day.

1 comment:

  1. Evie has the most unique wardrobe ever. Love it. You have great talent mama!

    ReplyDelete