Monday, April 4, 2011

Revamping the Wardrobe - Dress no 1

This year has to be the worst spring fever I have ever experienced. Maybe it was the many many dark wet days but whatever was the motivating factor, no closet, cupboard or shelf remained the same. I went through my wardrobe with sheer bravery and took 6 bags to Value Village as donations. I saved a few pieces that either I loved and had worn but no longer would or that I bought and loved but never worn. I wanted to try my hand at reusing these items to make new items and so now they would now up-cycled into outfits for Evie.

I started with a pair of towelling 1970's curtains that I had bought for $2 from a carboot sale in the UK. I had thought to use them for my owls but instead decided it would make a much nicer beach dress for this summer for Evie.

I made it very simply with some elastic at the top and some matching fabric straps. The wooden buttons were a cheap find at Walmart.





Next time will be a beautiful white embroidered linen top that became dress no 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment