Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's my party and I'll fly if I want to !!

So even though I told myself no more big parties, my inner party planner said yes let's do this!! I was informed by my youngest that it needed to be fairies this year for number 5 and so fairies is what she got.

 Rose petal plates and blossoms and butterflies added to the table cloth. Each glued by hand....yep couldn't help myself. I also like to do parties on a budget.



Toadstools set up ready for the activity part of the party. instead of musical chairs of course it was musical toadstools.






 The birthday girl herself embodying flower power fairy. Each fairy got wings, bracelets, a flower headband and a flower necklace. Most courtesy of the Dollar Store and the bracelets I found a big bag of about 200 for $3 at Value Village (thrift store). I bought the flower leis at the Dollar Store and then cut them up and re-threaded them on ribbon for the necklaces and on elastic for the head pieces.




Mini pancakes and chocolate bliss balls. The bliss balls were cocoa powder, dates and nuts blended together. A healthy treat that the kids thought was a naughty treat.



Cupcakes for birthday cakes with heart sprinkles and little wooden ladybugs. I bought the vintage cake stand from the thrift store a few years back. Perched on top are 2 little love birds.



Fairy photo booth. Even my son wanted to try it out.


 Looking for fairies.







Craft time. We made fairy wands and jewellery boxes to house all the sparkling bracelets that the fairies had won.




No comments:

Post a Comment