Sunday, February 26, 2012

New to old and back to new again!

So this year I am continuing with upcycling my old clothes to make new clothes for little Evie. These are items of clothing that I have loved for years now but have had a hard time parting with as they have lots of life left in them and are cute. Having said that I haven't worn any of them for years so with a few tweaks here and there a new summer closet for Evie will appear.

Today I started with the easier non sew items. A shimmery silky gold top which we tried putting on sideways so the arm loop became the neck loop. The other arm loop is tied to it at the back.

BEFORE

AFTER


BEFORE

AFTER - I  put this top on backwards as I really liked the shape of the V but it was too revealing for the front without sewing. I  took the hanging loops from inside the sideseam of this top and tied them together in a bow at the back and hey presto my old top becomes a cute lil brown dress.


BEFORE - Wrap skirt that I bought in Thailand and never wore.

AFTER - Sophisticated party dress..tied to the front and then created shoulder straps and tied at the back too.


More to follow. The others need a little more work with sewing, cutting and trims added but there will be a maxi summer dress, another oriental print dress and a Boho top made from one of my old pj tops.

Also already making my 6th Christmas present!!! Hoping to really make this a homemade year!

No comments:

Post a Comment